Still going - slowly but surely

It has been some time since I posted anything here mainly due to there being very little of interest to say.   I have not raced, due to a series of illness and injuries since July.  As a result, progress towards my target of reaching 100,000 miles before my 65th birthday have also taken a bit of a battering.  Although it is still achievable.

 
I am definitely running slower but at least I have managed this year to get in a reasonable 6 weeks of training and had planned to turn out at the last Harrier League Cross Country meeting of the season at Alnwick, last Saturday.  However the so called 'Beast from the East' had other ideas as it dumped tons of snow over the region, causing the race to be cancelled.

Although mileage was down last week I still managed to get out for a few runs in the snow



Future plans for the year include some of the usual races eg Blaydon Race and Yorkshire Wolds Half Marathon.  But by way of a change I have entered, as part of a mixed pair team with my sister, the Endure 24 in Leeds at the end of June.  Which should be interesting!

Comments